Last revised: 6/21/2016
What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect several types of personally identifiable information (PII) including, but not limited to, the following:
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Mailing Address
You may choose not to provide this personal information, but please note that providing PII is required before participating in certain activities and services available through the Sites, such as creating an account, renting equipment, or signing up for ski or snowboard lessons.
We may collect PII in any of the ways detailed below:
- In order to make certain purchases or use certain services of the Sites, you must provide certain types of PII. Or, you may sign up for our email list and communications through the Sites.
- In Person. Those who register for or purchase certain activities or services in person may physically provide PII in a variety of ways. For example, renting ski equipment requires that you provide PII for us to process your rental. Or, signing up for our email list at a promotional event would be another example.
- We occasionally run contests and/or sweepstakes through the Sites, social media, or in-person. If you participate in any contest or sweepstakes, we will collect PII from you to facilitate the contest.
We also collect aggregate data and certain data that doesn’t identify you personally. We get this information through your use of the Sites. We may also use tracking technologies, including but not limited to cookies, web server logs, or other statistics programs to collect your usage information and track and record how you interact with the Sites. These technologies are sometimes provided by a third party, and provide us with anonymous data. You may opt-out of some of these technologies using a service such as the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out tool.
Additionally, we may use pixel tags and other web technologies in the Sites and other marketing and advertising channels, provided by our advertising partners, to measure and monitor page visits and the effectiveness of the Sites and online advertising.
We do not use spy ware, adware, or any other similarly intrusive software. We do not require that you provide more PII than is necessary to complete your requested transaction.
How we use the data we collect
While some data is used to facilitate your participation in certain activities and services provided through the Site or onsite at Monarch Mountain, we do use the data in other marketing and communications efforts. By providing your information to us, you consent to our use of it in the following ways:
- To provide the services, products, classes, or admission to activities that you request;
- To contact you, respond to your inquiries, and send you information;
- To notify you of offers or services that we believe may interest you;
- To measure and improve the Sites effectiveness;
- For marketing and communications purposes in compliance with applicable laws.
When we disclose your information
We may disclose the information you provide to us in the following circumstances:
- When we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, customers or other users of the Sites, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement in connection with matters related to public safety as permitted by law.
- To our business partners for marketing research and analysis.
We do not sell your information to sell your information to third parties, nor do we ever plan to do so.
Legally, you may be entitled to request information on how we share your information with third parties. To the extent required by law, we will provide the Information-Sharing Disclosure to you upon receipt of written, rightful request made to Director of Marketing, #1 Powder Place, Monarch, CO 81227.
To opt of our direct marketing communications with us, click the link at the bottom of any of our email communications.
Social media disclosures
We actively promote social media content on the Sites, and participate in/facilitate the use of social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Please use discretion when disclosing PII on social media channels, as this information may be collected and used by others. We have no control of this use of information and are not responsible for it.
Children’s privacy concerns
With the exception of certain classes and activities, we do not intend the content of the Site for those under the age of 13, and we ask that children below that age not submit PII. In some cases, including our seasonal programs, we do require that some PII be submitted to process your request to enroll in a program. We will only accept such information from the minor’s parent or legal guardian, and we expressly request that no child under 13 provide such information on their own behalf.
Security of your data
We take commercially reasonable precautions and have implemented commercially reasonable measures intended to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, usage of, and interception of PII submitted via the Sites of onsite at Monarch Mountain. However, we cannot guarantee that information you provide us will not be accessed, intercepted, altered, or disclosed as a result of a breach of our commercially reasonable efforts or any other event beyond our reasonable control. We cannot and do not guarantee that the information you provide us is completely secure and safe from such risks.
Updating this policy
Occasionally, we have need of updating the terms of this policy. To keep you informed of the latest iterations, we denote the date of last revision at the top of the page. Please check this policy periodically to stay up to date on its contents. Your continued usage of the Sites indicates your consent to any updates to the policy, and your sole remedy for disagreeing with any terms of this policy is to discontinue use of the Sites.
If any part of this policy is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original. In such a case, the rest of the policy will remain in effect.
If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.